Mobile Packet Switched (PS) Network Engineer
Location: Richardson, Texas
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
- The Packet Core Network Engineer works as part of the Engineering department responsible for managing Limitless Mobile’s mobile core network as well as deploying, managing, and supporting solutions for wholesale customers.
- Managing Ericsson Packet Switched Network elements and interconnections, including developing and maintaining Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in specific elements and acting as the internal SME for those, including making recommendations for improvements.
- Configuration and software version management of the assigned mobile core network elements. Supporting management of the relevant mobile core network element vendors.
- Supporting Roaming & Carrier Relations to implement new roaming and wholesale agreements, including IREG testing.
- Providing support to Pre-Sales (Solution Architects) through peer-review of proposed solutions to customer needs as needed.
- Working with Solution Architects and CTO to turn solutions designed for wholesale customers into High Level Design (HLD) documentation.
- Taking ownership of solution deployment for contracted wholesale customers.
- Supporting the Network Operations Centre (NOC) with live wholesale and retail customer support, including both proactive and reactive identification / troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
- Developing skills and expertise across the infrastructure components and new technologies.
- Based on a combination of factors including number of new customers deployed, speed of resolution of support issues, etc.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years working in the telecommunications industry designing, integrating, and managing Packet Switched network propositions for e.g. a carrier MNO, MVNO, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of systems integration, management and/or technical support of Ericsson mobile core network components.
- In-depth knowledge of the Packet Switched network elements, interfaces, and call flows for both 3G/WCDMA and 4G/LTE networks, including SCTP and other protocols. Ability to design and configure mobile data networks.
- General understanding of Circuit Switched communications protocols such as SS7 (including TCAP, MAP and CAMEL), SIGTRAN, etc.
- General understanding of Voice SIP / RTP and voice convergence technologies, IMS (including VoLTE and VoWiFi).
- Diameter Signalling, preferably Ericsson DSC (Diameter Signalling Controller) & RADIUS.
- Demonstrable experience of managing & configuring Ericsson Packet Switched network elements including HSS, GGSN, P-GW, SGSN, S-GW, PCRF & MME.
- Previous experience in management of the Ericsson MPBN is a plus.
- APN Management.
- In-depth understanding of 3GPP, ITU-T and ANSI standards.
- Understanding of roaming agreements and IR.21, including IREG testing a plus.
- Understanding of online Charging System (OCS) and CAMEL in billing in the PS domain.
- IP networking, including IPv4 and IPv6, VPN IPSec and Point-to-Point (e.g. to CCNA standard).
- Trouble shooting and fault detection. Proactive and preventative maintenance.
- IP and SS7 network security.
- Familiarity with BSS platforms and provisioning systems a plus.
- Experience of capacity management and dimensioning.
- Lawful Intercept & CALEA requirements in the PS domain.
- Successful track record of designing compelling technical solutions based on commercial needs of customers.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive self-starter with a hunger to make a difference as well as strong performance and results orientation.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment, managing multiple projects and deadlines in parallel with ability to recognise and adjust priorities as required.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, and well organised yet able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as in a team.
- Confident, self-motivated, self-directed, and energetic personality.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Excellent skills in building and managing relationships as well as influencing.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Positive and constructive personality, including willingness to go beyond the call-of-duty to ensure successful and on-time delivery of the project.
Desired Expertise & Experience:
HOW TO APPLY
Join our high-energy team! Review the opening above and send your resume with cover letter to:
If you prefer to mail a hard copy, please send it to 2574 Interstate Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110. We do not accept phone calls regarding posted positions. If you are interested in an unlisted opportunity, please send your resume so that we can contact you if something opens up.
Limitless Mobile, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We offer an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, vision, life, disability and 401k program.