CORE NETWORK ENGINEER
Responsible for working as part of Limitless Mobile’s Network Operations team, deploying wholesale customers on Limitless Mobile’s 3G/4G Ericsson core network, as well as managing ongoing operations. Key tasks include:
- Management of a 3G/4G core network with accountability for specific parts of the core network, ensuring operation in line with internal KPIs and customer SLAs, including optimization and capacity planning.
- Support Solution Architects with solution design for wholesale customers.
- Define High Level Design (HLD) documentation for contracted customers and work with existing vendors to verify Statements of Work’s (SoW) for planned maintenance and upgrades.
- Deploy solutions for contracted customers.
- Act as Tier 2 customer support for wholesale customers and Tier 3 for retail customers, using technical and reasoning skills to investigate and solve problems.
- Provide input to the Senior VP, Engineering & Operations, as well as the CTO, regarding developing technologies and solutions to evolving business requirements/repeat issues.
- Evaluate infrastructure enhancements and technical partnerships as identified by management.
Desired Expertise & Experience:
- Minimum of eight years in successful technology operations positions in telecom.
- Intimate knowledge of key elements of mobile network, including how components function and interact, how mobile calls are made/received and how mobile data sessions work.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of mobile voice and mobile data core network architecture (including MNO and MVNO/MVNE infrastructure architecture), network elements and communications protocols such as SS7 (including CAMEL and MAP), SCTP (SIGTRAN), Radius and Diameter, IP, SIP (including IMS network architectures), UMTS and LTE networks (CDMA useful, but not essential), HLR and HSS (provisioning, roaming level architecture), 3G and 4G data Networks, PCRF-Policy, MMS, SMS and voicemail call flows, switching and legacy network architectures.
- Experience with monitoring or call trace systems.
- In-depth Linux system administration and shell scripting.
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle or equivalent).
- Experience in Storage Area Networks.
- Minimum of Cisco CCNA certification.
- Understanding of Lawful Intercept and E911.
HOW TO APPLY
Join our high-energy, low-maintenance team! Review the openings above and send your resume with cover letter to:
If you prefer to mail a hard copy, please send it to 2574 Interstate Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110. We do not accept phone calls regarding posted positions. If you are interested in an unlisted opportunity, please send your resume so that we can contact you if something opens up.
Limitless Mobile, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug Free Workplace. We offer an excellent benefit package, including health, dental, vision, life, disability and 401k program.